Terms of Service
Summary of the Terms of Service
The Terms of Service cover the following:
- Use of this website, including user accounts and information about you,
- Use of our cloud services, including content storage, data analysis, and other software;
- Use of our services and service packages, including robot leases, data plans, and support;
- Use of our software, including applications and installers;
- Interactions within our social media sites and online presence in general.
Other important legal terms are located as follows:
The Terms of Service make you responsible for the accuracy of the information you post, and prohibit misuse of our website, including copyright infringement and defamation. They limit our liability in this respect. They set out payment terms for our services, including hardware leases and data plans, and what happens if you are in default of your obligations, including payment terms. A default by you can result in the imposition of late fees and the cessation of services. They make you responsible for what you do with our hardware and software, and limit our liability in this respect. You are liable for any damage caused by your use of our hardware and software, whether to you or to others. They set out the terms under which we release software to you. Our software is released on an "as is" basis, with no guarantee that it is free of error or fit for a particular purpose. In all cases, including where the source code we make available to you is open, they prohibit the resale of our software and services as well as the commercial exploitation of derivative works based on our software.
You are responsible for reading and understanding the Terms of Service in full. Our website, software and service offerings are available to you only on the condition that you agree to these terms.
These Terms of Service (hereinafter "Agreement") are a contract between you and PLEIADES ROBOTICS, USA, LLC ("PLEIADES", "we", "us", or "our"), and govern your use of the web site with the URL pleiadesrobotics.com and subpages thereof (the "PLEIADES Site"), PLEIADES Applications and related Servers, (hereinafter collectively the "Service"), your rights and obligations with respect to Content contained in the Service and that you place in the Service, including User Content and PLEIADES Content, and associated Intellectual Property Rights thereto, your rights and obligations with respect to services other than the PLEIADES Applications advertised on the PLEIADES Site ("PLEIADES Leasing and Support Services"), your postings on and interactions with any and all PLEIADES social media accounts, including but not limited to those on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as your creation of an account (hereinafter an "Account") for use in connection with the Service. By accessing or using the Service, you represent that you have read and do understand and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, and that any representations you make by virtue of being party to this Agreement are accurate. This Agreement may be changed by PLEIADES effective immediately by notifying you as provided in Section 31 below. By continuing to access or use the Service after the effective date of any such change, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms of Service. You represent that you have read and do understand and agree to be bound by the above statements. You represent that your participation in the Service and your acceptance of these Terms of Service are completely voluntary. You may not assign this Agreement without PLEIADES' prior written consent, and there are no third party beneficiaries with respect to this Agreement.
For purposes of this Agreement:
- "PLEIADES Applications" means the software applications and related services available from the domain and subdomains of the PLEIADES Site and any related or successor domains from which PLEIADES may offer services;
- "PLEIADES Software" is the software provided to you by PLEIADES and/or its suppliers under license in connection with the Service;
- "PLEIADES Leasing and Support Services" means leasing, warranty, cellular data plan and robot operation services advertised on the PLEIADES Site;
- "Servers" are the online environments that support the Service;
- "Account" means
- "Content" means any works of authorship, creative works, graphics, images, textures, photos, logos, sounds, music, video, audio, computer programs, applications, animations, text, objects, scripts, and interactive features;
- "User Content" means any Content that a user of the Service has uploaded, published, or submitted to or through the Servers, Website, or other areas of the Service;
- "Intellectual Property Rights" means copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, publicity rights, database rights, patent rights, and other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights recognized by law;
- "PLEIADES Content" is the Content provided by PLEIADES under license in connection with the Service, except all User Content (as defined herein), including but not limited to Content we created or licensed from third parties; and
- "You", "your", and "yours" mean the person or entity establishing the Account and entering into this Agreement with PLEIADES hereunder, as well as any clients, legal representatives, agents and business partners or affiliates that you allow to contribute or share access to Content submitted to the Service in connection with your Account.
2. Age Requirements and Verification
By accepting this Agreement in connection with an Account, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority where you reside if that jurisdiction has an older age of majority, and you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement, or that you are the parent or legal guardian of the User creating an account who is not at least 18 years of age or otherwise of the legal age of majority (a "Minor"), and that you agree to be legally responsible for the Minor’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement. You further agree that as a condition to accessing PLEIADES, you will submit to account verification as required by PLEIADES, and provide only true and accurate identification documentation to PLEIADES or its third party service providers to verify your age.
3. Establishing an Account
You must establish an Account with PLEIADES to use certain aspects of the Service. You may not establish an account if you are currently suspended, terminated or prohibited from using the Service. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form ("Registration Data") and to use the account management tools provided to keep your Registration Data accurate, current and complete.
4. Account Email and Two-Factor Verification
You must provide a valid email address to establish an account pursuant to this Agreement, as well as a valid cell phone number where you can receive SMS messages for two factor verification.
5. Responsibility for Use of Account
You are responsible for all activities conducted through your Account. In the event that fraud, illegality or other conduct in violation of this Agreement, and connected with your Account, is discovered or reported (whether by you, PLEIADES, or someone else), we may suspend or terminate your Account as described in Section 23.
At the time your Account is opened, you must select a password for the Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this password and are responsible for any harm resulting from the disclosure, or authorization of the disclosure, of any password by you or from any person's use of any password to gain access to your Account. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password other than in connection with the log-on process to the Service. The disclosure of any password to any other person is at the risk of the password holder.
6. Modification of Service
PLEIADES has the right to change or eliminate any aspect, features or functionality of the Service as it sees fit at any time without notice, and PLEIADES makes no commitment, express or implied, to maintain or continue any aspect of the Service. You acknowledge that your use of the Service is subject to this risk and that you knowingly assume it and make your decisions to participate in the Service and contribute Content on that basis.
7. Fees for PLEIADES Applications, Leasing and Support
The prices for PLEIADES products and services shown on our website or provided in a formal quote, unless otherwise stated, are for payment in full, net thirty (30) days, for the product or service in question. In the case of continually provided services, including but not limited to data storage on our Servers, the listed price is for three (3) years of the service in question. Listed prices do not include shipping fees, sales taxes, import duties, or other charges that may be imposed by law, depending on your location.
PLEIADES offers a discount for advance payments, and financing for payments over time. These and additional payment terms are below.
- We offer a 5% discount from our listed price for payment up front.
- We require a 19% deposit, plus shipping fees, prior to shipping your order or providing a service for you.
- Unless we are financing your order, we require all charges paid net thirty (30) days of:
- shipping, in the case of products,
- service activation, in the case of data, warranty, and user account services,
- completion of defined work, in the case of professional services.
- We charge a 7% fee on your order (less deposit) to finance your purchase over 36 months.
- We charge the balance of your financed purchases in equal monthly installments.
- We reserve the right to set any limit we see fit to the purchases we will finance for you.
- Taxes and duties are applied to the total cost of your purchase after any applicable discount or finance charge.
The following examples are provided for illustrative purposes only.
- You order $10,000.00 in products and services from us. We calculate $49.00 in shipping costs. A 10% sales tax applies to you. You decide to pay in advance.
- Your purchase after discount is $9,500.00 (when you pay up front, you get a 5% discount).
- Your sales tax is $950.00.
- Your shipping cost is $49.00.
- In this example, your total comes to $10,499.00, and you pay it prior to our shipping the order to you.
- You order $10,000.00 in products and services from us. We calculate $49.00 in shipping costs. A 10% sales tax applies to you. You decide to finance the order.
- Your deposit is $1,900.00, calculated as 19% of the listed price.
- Your finance charge is $567.00, calculated as 7% of the balance we are financing.
- Your sales tax is $1,056.70, which is 10% of the price including finance fee.
- Your shipping cost is $49.00.
- In this example, your total comes to $11,663.70. You pay $1,949.00 for the deposit and shipping up front. For the next 36 months, you pay $270.10 per month to cover the balance.
Currency Used and Taxes
Unless otherwise stated, all amounts are in United States dollars, and all payments must be made in United States dollars. You are solely responsible for the cost of currency exchange, outgoing wire fees and other bank fees, as well as the payment of all taxes, including sales, use, value-added or other taxes or levies ("Taxes") in connection with any purchase from PLEIADES. To the best of its ability, PLEIADES will calculate and add applicable Taxes to the prices set forth herein and remit them in accordance with any laws governing the purchase. You are solely responsible for any fees associated with the registration, licensing, or use of any product you purchase from us.
8. User Responsibility for Accuracy of Information and Disclaimer of Responsibility for the Conduct of Third Parties
9. Right of PLEIADES to Refuse or Delete Content, Deny or Disable Access
You agree that PLEIADES has and may exercise the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or delete any Content or services from the Service or disable any user's access to the Service without notice or liability to you or any other party, including upon our belief that such user's conduct, Content, services, or use of the Service is potentially illegal, threatening, or otherwise harmful to any user or other person or in violation of this Agreement, or other policies, but that PLEIADES has no obligation to do so.
10. Policy on Intellectual Property Infringement
Intellectual property infringement on the Service is a violation of this Terms of Service, and you agree not to engage in such infringement. Further, it is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Copyright Act of Canada ("CAC") Notice and Notice Regime as required by the CAC. PLEIADES reserves the right to disable, delete or terminate, without notice, any user's Content or access to the Service if that user is determined by PLEIADES to infringe or repeatedly infringe.
11. Interruption of Service
PLEIADES may on occasion need to interrupt the Service with or without prior notice. You agree that PLEIADES will not be liable for any interruption of the Service (whether intentional or not). Likewise, you agree that in the event of data loss, we will not be liable for any purported damage or harm arising therefrom. PLEIADES will not be liable for any deletion, corruption or data loss that occurs in connection with the Service. PLEIADES will solely determine any disposition of the electronic data stored on its Servers and will have no obligation to reproduce, process, transfer, extract or recreate any data from its Servers.
12. Your Rights and Obligations with Respect to Your Content
The Service may provide you with the ability to upload, post, disclose, distribute or otherwise submit Content to the Service. You retain any and all Intellectual Property Rights in Content you submit to the Service. You retain any and all Intellectual Property Rights you already hold under applicable law in Content you upload, publish, and submit to or through the Servers, Website, and other areas of the Service, subject to the rights, licenses, and other terms of this Agreement, including any underlying rights of other users or PLEIADES in Content that you may use or modify. In connection with Content you upload, publish, or submit to any part of the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have all necessary Intellectual Property Rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to use and authorize PLEIADES and users of the Service to use the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service. You grant certain Content licenses to PLEIADES by submitting your Content to the Service. You agree that by uploading, publishing, or submitting any Content to or through the Servers, Website, or other areas of the Service, you hereby automatically grant PLEIADES a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, index, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content solely for the purposes of providing and promoting the Service. You understand that this license enables PLEIADES to display, distribute, promote, and improve the Service. You agree that the license includes the right to copy, analyze and use any of your Content as PLEIADES may deem necessary or desirable for purposes of debugging, testing, or providing support or development services in connection with the Service and future improvements to the Service. The license granted in this Section is referred to as the "Service Content License." You also acknowledge that the Service Content License granted to PLEIADES with respect to your Content will survive the termination of your Account to permit PLEIADES: (i) to retain server copies of particular instances of your Content, including copies stored in connection with back-up, debugging, and testing procedures; and (ii) to enable the exercise of the licenses granted in this Section 13 for any other copies or instances of the same Content that you have not specifically deleted from the Service.
13. PLEIADES' Intellectual Property Rights and Limited License Granted to You
PLEIADES owns Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Service, except all User Content, including the PLEIADES Software, the PLEIADES Applications, the Servers, and the PLEIADES Content, and in and to our trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, taglines, and trade dress (collectively, the "PLEIADES Marks"). You understand that such Intellectual Property Rights are apart from any rights you may have in Content you upload, publish or submit to the Service, as discussed above. You acknowledge and agree that PLEIADES and its licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to the Service, including all Intellectual Property Rights therein, other than with respect to User Content. Except as expressly granted in this Agreement, all rights, title, and interest in and to the Service, except all User Content, and in and to the PLEIADES Marks are reserved by PLEIADES. Copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and foreign countries protect the Service and the PLEIADES Marks. PLEIADES hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, limited, revocable license to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service and expressly conditioned upon your Account remaining active, in good standing, and in full compliance with these Terms of Service. Additional terms may apply to certain elements of the Service; these terms are available where such separate elements are made available on the Website. If there is any contradiction between any additional terms and these Terms of Service, then the additional terms shall take precedence only in relation to that particular element of the Service. Any use of the Service, including Content on the Service, other than as specifically authorized in this Agreement, without the prior written permission of PLEIADES, is strictly prohibited and will terminate all licenses granted herein.
14. Your Obligations with Respect to the Intellectual Property Rights of Other Users
You agree that you will not upload, publish, or submit to any part of the Service any Content that is protected by Intellectual Property Rights or otherwise subject to proprietary rights, including trade secret or privacy rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from the rightful owner to upload, publish, or submit the Content and to grant PLEIADES and users of the Service all of the license rights granted in this Agreement. You acknowledge that the Content of the Service is provided or made available to you under license from PLEIADES and independent Content providers, including other users of the Service ("Content Providers"). You acknowledge and agree that except as expressly provided in this Agreement, the Intellectual Property Rights of PLEIADES and other Content Providers in their respective Content are not licensed to you by your mere use of the Service. You must obtain from the applicable Content Providers any necessary license rights in Content that you desire to use or access. You agree that you will not copy, transfer, or distribute outside the Service any Content in a manner that infringes or violates any Intellectual Property Rights of PLEIADES, other Content Providers, or any third parties. You copy and use Content at your own risk. You are solely responsible and liable for your use, reproduction, distribution, modification, display, or performance of any Content in violation of any Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that PLEIADES will have no liability for, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold PLEIADES harmless for, any claims, losses or damages arising out of or in connection with your use, reproduction, distribution, modification, display, or performance of any Content.
15. Required Conduct; Prohibited Conduct
You are wholly responsible for your own conduct in connection with your use of the Service and PLEIADES is not responsible for your behavior and possessions or that of other users. You agree to (i) behave responsibly and engage in the Service only in a prudent and cautious manner; (ii) obey all applicable laws; and (iii) not engage in any type of conduct, which contributes to or causes injury or damage to any person.
In addition, while using the Service, you agree that you will not:
- Post, display or transmit Content that violates any law, or the rights of any third party including without limitation Intellectual Property Rights;
- Impersonate any person or entity without their consent, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation;
- Post, display or transmit Content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, false, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person's privacy;
- Post, display or transmit Content that is obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Post, display or transmit any Content that is explicitly sexual or intensely violent, or is prohibited by the laws of any applicable jurisdiction;
- Post or transmit viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may harm the Service or interests or rights of other users, or that may harvest or collect any data or personal information about other users without their consent;
- Post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, or promotional materials, that are in the nature of "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation that PLEIADES considers to be of such nature;
- Engage in malicious or disruptive conduct that impedes or interferes with other users' normal use of the Service;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other user's Account, password or Content, or to any PLEIADES Content;
- Use or attempt to use any Account or the information contained in or generated by such Account in furtherance of any attempt to file false insurance claims, or to commit any other kind of insurance or financial fraud or deception; or
- Violate any provision of PLEIADES Policies.
Any violation by you of the terms of this Section may result in immediate suspension or termination of your Account without any refund or other compensation.
"Releasees" shall include both PLEIADES and its affiliates, and the officers, trustees, agents and employees of PLEIADES or its affiliates. You agree not to hold the Releasees liable for the Content, actions, or inactions of other users. As a condition of access to the Service, you release the Releasees from claims, demands, losses, liabilities and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you have or claim to have with other users, including whether or not PLEIADES becomes involved in any resolution or attempted resolution of the dispute. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine. You agree and understand that PLEIADES does not control and is not responsible for information you provide to parties other than PLEIADES. You will not hold the Releasees responsible for any injury damage that you might incur in connection with the Service, even if the negligence of any of the Releasees caused or contributed to such injury or damages. You will not sue or seek damages from any of the Releasees in any form, and you hereby waive and release any and all claims against each of the Releasees for any injury or damage arising in any way out of your participation in the Service, even if the negligence of any of the Releasees caused or contributed to such injury or damages and you agree to indemnify, defend and hold each Releasee harmless from any such claims. You recognize that this release means you are giving up, among other things, rights to sue the Releasees for injuries, damages or losses you may incur.
18. Disclaimer of Warranties
PLEIADES PROVIDES THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE PLEIADES APPLICATION, SOFTWARE, THE SERVERS AND YOUR ACCOUNT STRICTLY ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO VALUE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IS GUARANTEED OR WARRANTED WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE IN YOUR CONTENT OR ANY EXPENDITURE ON YOUR PART, PLEIADES AND YOU EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY COMPENSABLE VALUE RELATING TO OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY DATA RELATING TO YOUR ACCOUNT RESIDING ON PLEIADES'S SERVERS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS FROM USING THE SERVICE ON THIS BASIS. PLEIADES does not ensure continuous, uninterrupted, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Service, the PLEIADES Software, the Servers or your Account, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to refunds or other compensation based on PLEIADES' failure to provide any of the foregoing other than as explicitly provided in this Agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, and to that extent, the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. You acknowledge that PLEIADES does not make and does expressly disclaim any representations or warranties about the other users or the safety of participating in the Service. You agree that notwithstanding the fact that PLIEADES may moderate a forum or discussion, PLEAIDES has no responsibility to correct any mistakes or errors in any Content contributed to the forum or discussion, and that fact that PLEIADES allows Content to remain displayed in the forum or discussion does not constitute approval or endorsement of the Content.
19. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PLEIADES OR ANY OF ITS TRUSTEES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR DISGORGEMENT OR COMPARABLE EQUITABLE REMEDY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES FOR LOST DATA OR LOST PROFITS, ARISING (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ITS MODIFICATION OR TERMINATION), THE PLEIADES APPLICATIONS, SOFTWARE, THE SERVERS AND/OR YOUR ACCOUNT (INCLUDING ITS TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION) OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER OR NOT PLEIADES MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT ANY SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OR COULD OCCUR AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. IN NO EVENT WILL PLEIADES'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00). Some jurisdictions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so to the extent that any such limitation is found to be impermissible, such limitation may not apply to you.
At PLEIADES' request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PLEIADES, its officers, trustees, employees, subsidiaries, and agents from all damages, liabilities, claims and expenses, including without limitation attorneys' fees and costs, arising from: (i) any breach or alleged breach by you of this Agreement, including without limitation your representations and warranties relating to your Content; or (ii) your acts, omissions or use of the Service, including without limitation your negligent, willful or illegal conduct, including but not limited to any acts requiring PLEIADES to incur costs in connection with governmental investigations, audits, or security or other remediation efforts or other measures.
21. Legal Relationship Between You and PLEIADES
You acknowledge that your participation in the Service, including your creation or uploading of Content in the Service, does not make you a PLEIADES employee and that you do not expect to be, and will not be, compensated by PLEIADES for such activities, and you will make no claim inconsistent with these acknowledgements. In addition, no agency, partnership, joint venture, franchise relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
22. Suspension and Termination of Accounts
You may terminate this Agreement by closing your Account at any time for any reason. In such event, PLEIADES shall have no further obligation or liability to you under this Agreement or otherwise, and you shall be entitled to no compensation or other payment, remedy, recourse or refund. PLEIADES may suspend or terminate your Account if you violate this Agreement. Upon termination of your Account in the event of such breach, this Agreement between us will be automatically terminated and you may not re-subscribe to the Service through any other Account that you may establish. We may suspend or terminate your Account if we determine in our discretion that such action is necessary or advisable to comply with legal requirements or protect the rights or interests of PLEIADES or any third party. If PLEIADES elects to generally suspend or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, for any reason, PLEIADES may suspend or terminate your Account. In such event, you will not be entitled to compensation for such suspension or termination, and you acknowledge PLEIADES will have no liability to you in connection with such suspension or termination.
23. Loss of Content and Account Upon termination of Account
Upon termination of your Account, you will no longer be able to access your Account or access (or transfer or direct the transfer to any other Account) any Content or data you have stored on the Servers. All licenses granted by PLEIADES to use the Service will automatically terminate. You acknowledge that you have elected to use the Service notwithstanding the possibility of termination of such license rights under the circumstances set forth in this Agreement. You should ensure that you have only stored Content on the Servers to which you are willing to permanently lose access. You acknowledge and assume the risk of the possibility of suspension or termination of your Account as provided herein, and you represent that you will make your decisions to participate in the Service and contribute Content at all times knowingly based upon these risks. You will have the technical ability to delete Content from your Account prior to its termination, but PLEIADES is not responsible for any liability arising from any deletion of Content on your part that is prohibited by law or contrary to the terms of a validly issued Court order or subpoena requiring preservation of such Content. While PLEIADES may retain or store Content for an indeterminate period of time after termination of your Account, PLEIADES is under no obligation to do so. PLEIADES also reserves the right to prevent deletion of Content when required to do so by law or the terms of a validly issued Court order or subpoena requiring preservation of such Content.
24. Survival of Terms After Termination
The following terms will survive any termination of this Agreement: Sections 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
25. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
You agree that any and all disputes relating to or arising under this Agreement shall resolved by binding arbitration before the American Arbitration Association, by a single arbitrator, pursuant to the CAA's Rules for Commercial Arbitration, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. You agree that this Agreement and the relationship between you and PLEIADES shall be governed by the federal laws of Canada and the laws of the province of Nova Scotia without regard to conflict of law principles or the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
26. Disclaimer of Warranties as to Use Outside of the United States
PLEIADES is a United States based service. PLEIADES makes no representation that any aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Those who access the Service from other locations are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. The PLEIADES Applications are subject to applicable export laws and restrictions.
27. Assignment of Agreement and Account
You may not assign this Agreement or your Account without the prior written consent of PLEIADES. You may not transfer or sublicense any licenses granted by PLEIADES in this Agreement without the prior written consent of PLEIADES. PLEIADES may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, and all related rights, licenses, benefits and obligations, without restriction, including the right to sublicense any rights and licenses under this Agreement.
28. Integration, Interpretation of Section Headings and Severability
This Agreement and the DMCA and Privacy policies referenced in this Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and PLEIADES with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings. This Agreement may not be modified except as provided in Section 1 or by mutual written agreement between you and PLEIADES that is signed by hand (not electronically) by duly authorized representatives of both parties and expressly references amendment of this Agreement. You acknowledge that no other written, oral or electronic communications will serve to modify or supplement this Agreement, and you agree not to make any claims inconsistent with this understanding or in reliance on communications not part of this Agreement. The section headings used herein, including descriptive summary sentences at the start of each section, are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then in such jurisdiction that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
29. Notices and Communication
PLEIADES may provide notice to you and obtain consent from you through (1) the website at pleiadesrobotics.com; (2) by electronic mail at the electronic mail address associated with your Account; and/or (3) by written mail communication to you at the address associated with your Account. You must give all notices required or permitted under this Agreement at _____. In connection with providing the Service, PLEIADES may communicate with you, your clients and business partners by telephone, online chat electronic mail and SMS or other text messages, in which event you will be responsible for any data charges associated with SMS, other text messages or other communications. By accessing the Services, you consent to receiving such communications and agree that PLEIADES may record and retain records of any such communications. You, your clients and your business partners may advise PLEIADES that you withdraw this consent in connection with your use of the Services by providing notice in accordance with this paragraph.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO LEASES AND SPIRI ON DEMAND SERVICES
30. PLEIADES shall lease to you the items of equipment (“Equipment”) that you order through the PLEIADES Site at [URL] for the Lease Terms indicated in paragraph 7 herein, or in the case of Spiri On Demand Services, indicated in your order.
31. The lease will begin on the date of the delivery of the Equipment to you and will end at the end of the Lease Terms indicated in paragraph 7 herein, or in the case of Spiri On Demand Services, indicated in your order.
32. Lessee agrees to pay to Lessor as rent for the Equipment the amounts set forth in paragraph 7 herein, on the dates set forth in paragraph 7 herein, or in the case of Spiri On Demand Services, at the time you place your order.
33. If any rental payment due under this Agreement is more than five (5) days late, you agree to pay a late fee of $________.
34. Prior to taking possession of the Equipment, you shall deposit with PLEIADES, in trust, a security deposit of $__________ as security for the performance by you of the terms under this Agreement and for any damages caused by you or your agents to the Equipment during the Lease Term. PLEIADES may use part or all of the security deposit to repair any damage to Equipment caused by you or your agents. However, Lessor is not just limited to the security deposit amount and Lessee remains liable for any balance due for rent under this Agreement. You shall not apply or deduct any portion of any security deposit from the last or any month's rent. You shall not use or apply any such security deposit at any time in lieu of payment of rent. If you breach any terms or conditions of this Agreement, you forfeit any deposit, as permitted by law.
35. At the end of a Lease Term, you shall have the right, at Your option, to purchase the Equipment for the following amounts:
Spiri Mu $
Spiri Box $
Spiri Host $
36. You shall be responsible for all expenses and costs of shipping the Equipment back to PLEIADES’ premises.
37. If you fail to perform or fulfill any obligation relating to your lease of the Equipment or use of Spiri On Demand under this Agreement, you shall be in default of this Agreement. Subject to any statute, ordinance or law to the contrary, you shall have seven (7) days from the date of notice of default by PLEIADES to cure the default. In the event you do not cure a default, PLEIADES may at PLEIADES’ option (a) cure such default and the cost of such action may be added to your financial obligations under this Agreement; or (b) declare you in default of the Agreement. If you shall become insolvent, cease to do business as a going concern or if a petition has been filed by or against you under the Bankruptcy Act or similar federal or state statute, PLEIADES may immediately declare you in default of this Agreement. In the event of default, PLEIADES may, as permitted by law, re-take possession of the Equipment. PLEIADES may, at its option, hold you liable for any difference between the rent that would have been payable under this Agreement during the balance of the unexpired term and any rent paid by any successive lessee if the Equipment is re-let minus the cost and expenses of such reletting. In the event PLEIADES is unable to re-let the Equipment during any remaining term of this Agreement, after default by you, PLEIADES may at its option hold you liable for the balance of the unpaid rent under this Agreement if this Agreement had continued in force.
38. You shall be entitled to possession of the Equipment on the first day of the Lease Term. At the expiration of the Lease Term, You shall surrender the Equipment to PLEIADES by delivering the Equipment to PLEIADES or PLEIADES’ agent in good condition and working order, ordinary wear and tear excepted, as it was at the commencement of the Agreement.
39. You shall only use the Equipment in a careful and proper manner and will comply with all laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and orders regarding the use, maintenance of storage of the Equipment.
40. Absent written notice to the contrary from you or your agent within five (5) days after initial delivery of the Equipment, you will be deemed to have inspected the Equipment and determined that the Equipment is in good and acceptable condition.
41. You will, at your sole expense, keep and maintain the Equipment clean and in good working order and repair during the Lease Term, or during any period of time you are using the Equipment in connection with any Spiri On Demand Services. In the event the Equipment is lost or damaged beyond repair due to the acts or omissions of you or any of your agents, you shall pay to PLEIADES the replacement cost of the Equipment; in addition, the obligations of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect through the Lease Term.
42. You shall keep the Equipment free and clear of any liens or other encumbrances, and shall not permit any act where PLEIADES’s title or rights may be negatively affected. You shall be responsible for complying with and conforming to all laws and regulations relating to the possession, use or maintenance of the Equipment. Furthermore, you shall promptly pay all taxes, fees, licenses and governmental charges, together with any penalties or interest thereon, relating to the possession, use or maintenance of the Equipment.
43. The Equipment is and shall remain the exclusive property of PLEIADES.
44. As a condition of receiving Spiri On Demand Services, you must provide proof of insurance and authorization to perform the intended mission(s), that your personnel have all appropriate licenses to perform the intended mission(s), and have employed appropriate safety precautions in connection with the intended mission(s), prior to commencing the mission. You must have a Spiri Cloud account and will be charged cell data, storage and analysis fees for the mission(s).
45. In the event that you hire one or more PLEIADES technicians, the services of any such technicians are subject to the warranty limitations of paragraph 18 herein.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO WARRANTY SERVICES
46. During all applicable Warranty Terms, PLEIADES will provide, repairs and/or replacement parts for any defective or damaged parts due to defects in materials and workmanship for Equipment (the “Warranty Obligation”). The Warranty Obligation does not apply due to defective or damages caused by neglect, misuse, accident, modification without PLEAIDES’ prior written approval, improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity), unusual physical or electrical stress or interference, normal wear and tear, failure or fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, or acts of God.
47. To be eligible for coverage pursuant to the preceding paragraph, the condition requiring repair or replacement must occur or arise during the applicable Warranty Term, and you must provide written notice to PLEIADES during the applicable Warranty Term.
48. If you purchase the Evergreen warranty service, you will have the option to replace the Spiri Mu robot then currently in your possession with the latest version of the Spiri Mu robot within six (6) months of the release of the latest version, during the applicable Warranty Term. provides the customer with the right to the latest model of Spiri Mu within six months of that model being released.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO SPIRI CLOUD, DATA ANALYSIS AND DATA PLANS
49. Grant of Limited License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, PLEIADES hereby grants to Subscriber a revocable, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform.
50. The license granted to you in the preceding paragraph is restricted as follows:
(a) You acknowledges and agree you shall not reverse engineer, disassemble, reconstruct, decompile, copy, or create derivative works of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform, or any aspect or portion thereof, or PLEIADES Confidential Information, including source code or algorithms.
(b) You acknowledge and agree you shall not (i) provide access to the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform, except to authorized users or employees who are bound in writing by use and confidentiality restrictions which are no less protective of those contained in this Agreement; (ii) distribute or disclose the Storage Platform to third parties including, but not limited to, by means of display; or (iiI) use any robot, spider, other automatic device or program or manual process to copy or reproduce the Storage Platform.
(c) You acknowledge and agree you shall not (i) interfere with the functionality of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform by (A) uploading, storing, emailing, posting, linking, transmitting, distributing, publishing or otherwise disseminating any material that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or any other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform; (B) disrupting the normal flow of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform, causing a screen to scroll faster than it can be usable or acting in a manner that limits another user’s use of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform; (C) otherwise modifying the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform or interfering or attempting to interfere with the proper operation of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform or the use of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform by third parties, including through the use of any device, software or routine; or (ii) use the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform to disrupt the servers or networks connected to the web servers with respect to the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform.
51. You acknowledge and agree you shall not remove or modify any identification, trademark, copyright, proprietary marking, restrictive legends or other notice from any aspect of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform.
52. You will pay PLEIADES the fees set forth in paragraph 7 herein with respect to the provided here through the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform under during the term of this Agreement (the “Fees”), on the dates required in paragraph 7 herein.
53. If you have purchased the Basic Data Plan, you will have the right to 10GB of data storage and no data analysis services.
54. If you have purchased the Enhanced Data Plan, you have the right to 1TB of data storage and 100 hours of 1TB data analysis each month.
55. The Spiri Cloud Storage Platform and all associated intellectual property, materials, content, features, and services provided through PLEIADES’s web site, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, is proprietary to PLEIADES and is protected by the applicable state, federal, and international intellectual property laws. PLEIADES retains all rights, title, and interests in the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform, together with all derivative works, modifications, enhancements, and upgrades. Any rights not expressly granted pursuant to this Agreement are reserved by PLEIADES, and all implied licenses are disclaimed.
56. Any and all User Content that PLEIADES receives from you in connection with use of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform, is and shall remain your exclusive and confidential property or of those third parties designated by you as having an interest therein. You and such third parties shall retain all right, title, and interest in and to the User Content.
57. During the Term, PLEIADES will provide you with reasonable telephone support during PLEIADES’s then current business hours. PLEIADES will provide you service updates and bug fixes that PLEIADES in its sole discretion makes generally available to its other similarly situated licensees at no charge. However, you shall not be entitled to receive updates or new releases that include new or different functionality for which PLEIADES imposes an additional charge to Users. You may purchase such new or different functionality, at your discretion, at PLEIADES’s then current pricing. PLEIADES will use reasonable efforts to schedule maintenance to the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform during non-peak usage hours. PLEIADES may temporarily limit or suspend the availability of all or part of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform if it is necessary for reasons of public safety, security, maintenance of the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform, interoperability of services, data protection, or to perform work that is necessary for operational or technical reasons. The services described in this paragraph are subject to the warranty limitations in paragraph 18 herein.
58. During the course of this Agreement, PLEIADES (the “Disclosing Party”) may disclose to the other Party (the “Receiving Party”) certain non-public information or materials relating to the Disclosing Party’s products, intellectual property, business, business plans, marketing programs and efforts, customer lists, customer information, financial information, and other confidential information and trade secrets (“Confidential Information”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Spiri Cloud Storage Platform and related services are the Confidential Information of PLEIADES. Confidential Information does not include information which: (i) is or becomes public knowledge without any action by, or involvement of, the Receiving Party; (ii) is previously known to the Receiving Party prior to the date of disclosure, as evidenced by contemporaneous written records; (iii) is independently developed by the Receiving Party without use of or access to Confidential Information; (iv) is acquired from a third party without any breach of an obligation of confidentiality; or (v)is required to be disclosed pursuant to a subpoena or other similar order of any court or government agency, provided, however, that the Receiving Party upon receiving such subpoena or order shall (i) promptly inform the Disclosing Party in writing, (ii) cooperate with the Disclosing Party in limiting disclosure of the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information, and (iii) shall only disclose that Confidential Information necessary to comply with such subpoena or order. The Receiving Party agrees not to disclose, or permit any third party access to, the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information without prior written permission of the Disclosing Party, except disclosure to and subsequent uses by the Receiving Party’s authorized employees or consultants on a need-to-know basis, provided that such employees or consultants have executed written agreements restricting use or disclosure of such Confidential Information that are at least as restrictive as the Receiving Party’s obligations hereunder. The Receiving Party agrees to use at least the same care and precaution in protecting such Confidential Information as the Receiving Party uses to protect the Receiving Party’s own Confidential Information and trade secrets, and in no event less than reasonable care. Each party acknowledges that due to the unique nature of the other party’s Confidential Information, the Disclosing Party will not have an adequate remedy in money or damages in the event of any unauthorized use or disclosure of its Confidential Information. In addition to any other remedies that may be available in law, in equity or otherwise, the Disclosing Party shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief to prevent such unauthorized use or disclosure. On the Disclosing Party’s written request or upon expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Receiving Party will promptly return or destroy, at the Disclosing Party’s option, all originals and copies of all documents and materials it has received containing the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information.
59. Upon termination of this Agreement as applicable to the Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform for any reason, your access to and use of the Spiri Could Date Storage Platform will cease as of the effective date of termination. Upon termination PLEIADES shall, upon your written request, PLEIADES shall: (i) to the extent technically feasible, archive and export to you in an open format all of your User Data from the Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform; provided, however, that you shall pay for any bandwidth costs associated with any such archiving and/or exporting.
60. You warrant that any User Data provided by you to PLEIADES for use in connection with the Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform does not and will not infringe the intellectual property, publicity, or privacy rights of any person and is not defamatory, obscene, or in violation of applicable foreign, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations (including but not limited to applicable policies and laws related to spamming, privacy, and consumer protection) (collectively, “Applicable Law”); (c) your use of the Storage Services and Storage Platform will be in compliance with all Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform; and (d) you will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform through the use of any virus, device, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any files, passwords, or other Content that you do not own or have license to, related to the Spiri Clould Data Storage Platform through hacking, password mining, or any other improper means.
61. Some or all of the services offered through the Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform may be provided by PLEIADES’s affiliates, agents, subcontractors and information system vendors. The rights and obligations of PLEIADES may be, in whole or in part, exercised or fulfilled by the foregoing entities.
62. If you purchase data analysis services in connection with your use of the Spiri Cloud Data Storage Platform, PLEIADES may offer you access to data analysis software provided by third parties. You agree that the terms of service provided by those third parties shall apply to your use of such software, in addition to the terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to the warranty limitations of paragraph 18 herein. PLEIADES may also offer you access to algorithms created by PLEIADES for data analysis purposes. You agree that the warranty limitations of paragraph 18 herein apply to your use of such algorithms.
Categories and Methods of Information Collection
We collect a range of personal information and usage statistics to maintain a high-quality user experience and deliver superior customer service. We request some information directly from you during registration. We gather other pieces of data indirectly from Website traffic, your computer hardware and Internet connection, or your activities within the Service, communications and usage.
- If you use our Website, we automatically record information related to your IP address, PLEIADES cookie information, and aggregate information on what content you access or visit.
- If you provide us personal information in order to subscribe to our mailing list, we collect information to aid delivery and preferences such as e-mail address and message performance statistics.
- If you register on our Website, we will track broad site usage information as well as aggregate usage of any Website community features such as downloads and forums.
- We track usage of customer service resources in order to ensure high quality interactions.
- We may collect and retain any other information relating to your account data or other activities within the Service including chat or IM logs, and IP address and logs.
- If you conduct transactions in connection with the Service, we may collect and retain some or all of the information related to these transactions.
- We may disclose and use aggregated data in a non-client identifiable manner for purposes of monitoring and system improvements, as well as general marketing purposes, and producing aggregated statistics and analysis.
- If you notify us of an intellectual property claim, the information in your claim notice may be shared with other.
- If you cease being a customer of ours, we will keep a copy of your registration file in our database for use in the event you wish to rejoin the Service, and for anti-fraud and other purposes
PLEIADES’s Protection and Disclosure of Your Information
Except under certain limited circumstances set forth here and in our Terms of Service, PLEIADES does not disclose to third parties the personal information or other account-related information you provide us, such as IP address, without your permission. You understand, however, that PLEIADES may disclose your personal or other account-related information under the following circumstances:
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary under applicable law, or to comply with legal process served on PLEIADES;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or interests of PLEIADES or Users of the Service;
- In order to report to law enforcement authorities, or assist in their investigation of, suspected illegal or wrongful activity, or to report any instance in which we believe a person may be in danger;
- To service providers with whom we have contracted to assist us with Service features or operations (such as anti-fraud functions, billing, collections, registration, customer support, email delivery, or age verification), to fulfill your service requests, offer new content or help us improve our Service. Our contracts with these third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they are providing;
- To other third parties (a) to provide you with services you have requested, (b) to offer you information about our Service (e.g., events or features), or (c) to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). For instance, we may provide certain information to our payment processor, to credit card associations, banks or issuers (if you are using a credit card), to PayPal (if you are using a PayPal account), or to providers of other services you request. If you choose to use these third parties’ products or services, then their use of your information is governed by their privacy policies. You should evaluate the practices of third party providers before deciding to use their services; and
Information Displayed to or Collected By Other Users
Certain account information is displayed to other users in your profile. This information includes your account name, account type, the date your account was established and whether or not you are currently online. Further, you agree and understand that PLEIADES does not control and is not responsible for information, privacy or security practices concerning data that you provide to, or that may otherwise be collected by, other Users. For instance, some services operated by Users may provide content that is accessed through and located on third party (non-PLEIADES) servers that may log IP addresses.
A cookie is a small string of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier sent to your browser from a website's computers, and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use certain of our (or other companies’) web pages.
- Access your account information when you "log in" to our Website, forums, or other areas;
- Keep track of your Website session data; and
- Keep track of certain information that is then aggregated (i.e., not connected to your personal information), such as how you use our Website, what web pages you visit, and the frequency and length of those visits.
Third Party Data Collection and Use
Disclosing Personal Information in Profiles, or Within Public Areas of the Service
You may choose to disclose personal information in your profile or directly to other Users in connection with certain publicly accessible features of the Service. Please be aware that such information is public information and you should not expect privacy or confidentiality of this information.
Amendment of this Policy
PLEIADES will respond to allegations of copyright violations in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). The DMCA provides a process for a copyright owner to give notification to an online service provider concerning alleged copyright infringement. When a valid DMCA notification is received, the service provider responds under this process by taking down the offending content. On taking down content under the DMCA, we will take reasonable steps to contact the owner of the removed content so that a counter-notification may be filed. On receiving a valid counter-notification, we generally restore the content in question, unless we receive notice from the notification provider that a legal action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in the infringing activity.
Filing a Notification
A written notification must be made. This can be done either by fax or written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made. The notification must:
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e., describe the work that you own).
- Identify the item that you claim is infringing on your copyright.
- Provide a reasonably sufficient method of contacting you; phone number and email address would be preferred.
- Include the following statement: "I have good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Sign the paper
Please note: The DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you falsely claim that an item is infringing your copyrights. We recommend contacting an attorney if you are unsure whether an object is protected by copyright laws.
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at PLEIADES:
PLEIADES ROBOTICS USA, LLC
Attn: Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
Or via Email to: _____________
Alternatively, fax the document to _________. On the cover sheet, please write ATTN: DMCA NOTIFICATION
Filing a counter-notification
- List the items that were removed by PLEIADES.
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address (if available).
- State that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you reside (or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania if your address is outside of the United States).
- State that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to us of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
- State the following: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Sign the paper.
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent at PLEIADES:
PLEIADES ROBOTICS USA, LLC
Attn: Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
Or via Email to: __________
Alternatively, fax the document to ______. On the cover sheet, please write ATTN: DMCA NOTIFICATION
Pleiades Holdings Inc. provides the pleiadesrobotics.com website for your information. While we make our best effort to ensure the information on the site is accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee that it is at all times, and we do not guarantee your reliance upon the information for any particular purpose.
Files Located on non-Pleiades Servers
To improve the functionality of the pleiadesrobotics.com websites, certain files (such as open source libraries, images and scripts) may be delivered automatically to your browser via a trusted third-party server or content delivery network. The delivery of these files is intended to provide a seamless user experience by speeding response times and avoiding the need for each visitor to download these files. Where applicable, specific privacy statements covering these files are included in our Privacy Notice.
Linking to non-Pleiades websites
Links to websites not under the control of Pleiades, including those to our social media accounts, are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. Pleiades does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, and does not endorse the sites and their content.
Ownership and Usage of Content on this Site
Materials on this website were produced and/or compiled for the purpose of providing you with access to information about Pleiades and its products and services. You may use and reproduce the materials as follows:
Unless otherwise specified you may reproduce the materials in whole or in part for non-commercial purposes, and in any format, without charge or further permission, provided you do the following:
- exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced
- indicate that the reproduction is a copy of the version available at [URL where original document is available]
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution without prior written permission from the copyright administrator. To obtain permission to reproduce Pleiades materials on this site for commercial purposes, contact us using our web contact form.
Trademarks of Pleiades, including the Pleiades logo, the Spiri logo, may not be used whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without prior written authorization.
Interacting with us on Social Media
Your engagement with us via social media is in part governed by the Terms of Service of the relevant third-party social media platform providers, as well as the following Terms and Conditions. We have no control over the social media platform providers’ Terms of Service, and you are encouraged to read them in addition to those that follow.
Content and Frequency
Pleiades uses social media accounts to interact with you and share content in an informative and respectful environment.
Because social media platforms and their computer servers are managed by third parties, social media accounts are subject to downtime that may be out of our control. Pleiades accepts no responsibility for platforms becoming unresponsive or unavailable.
Links to Other Websites and Ads
Social media accounts may post or display links or ads for websites that are not under Pleiades control. These links are provided solely for the convenience of users. We are not responsible for the information found through these links or ads; neither do we endorse those sites or their content.
Following, “Liking” and Subscribing
Pleiades’ decision to follow, “like” or subscribe to another social media account does not imply an endorsement of that account, channel, page or site, and neither does sharing (re-tweeting, reposting or linking to) content from another user.
Comments and Interaction
Pleiades staff will read comments and participate in discussions when appropriate. Your comments and contributions must be relevant and respectful.
Pleiades reserves the right to remove comments and contributions, and to block users based on the following criteria:
The comments or contributions:
- include personal information
- include protected or classified information
- infringe upon intellectual property or proprietary rights
- are racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic or defamatory, or contain or refer to any obscenity or pornography
- are threatening, violent, intimidating or harassing
- constitute impersonation, advertising or spam
- encourage or incite any criminal activity
- otherwise run counter to the purpose of providing an informative and respectful place for interaction
Pleiades reserves the right to report users and/or their comments and contributions to third-party social media service providers to prevent or remove the posting of content that is contrary to these Terms and Conditions, or to the Terms of Service of the third-party social media platform.
Information posted by Pleiades is subject to the Copyright Act.
Social media accounts are not Pleiades websites and represent only their presence on third-party service providers.