Spiri for Academics
Researchers are working on the next advances in robotics, and educators are raising the next generation of roboticists. We aim to help in these important efforts by providing discounts, access to resources, and support for academics and students. We offer a range of academic options from a single Spiri Mu to a fully equipped lab.
By design, our products are well suited to education and research. Consider these advantages:
- Our software is built on Ubuntu Linux, ROS, PX4, and BLHeli-32, all open source and in wide use.
- Our robots are rugged and reliable, and well suited to hardware expansion, upgrade, and repair.
- Our simulator, documentation and tutorials are excellent for reference and self-directed learning.
- Our team is experienced with research and educational collaboration.
This discount applies to researchers, educators and students in schools or universities, and it stacks with other basic discounts. For example:
- $5,199 Spiri Mu
- $39,000 Spiri Mu Lab Bundle
The discount also applies to our data, warranty and hardware renewal plans. For example:
- $2,600 3-year Evergreen Plan
- $900 3-year 1TB Cloud Package
Items not manufactured by Pleiades are not eligible for the full academic discount, but we still offer researchers, educators and students our most favorable price. Students remain eligible for the academic discount for two years after completing their course of study. Other terms and conditions apply.
There are two access levels, beyond open access, to our software development kit and related tools. These are:
- Basic SDK, for registered users
- Advanced SDK, for registered researchers
A university-based researcher can qualify for advanced SDK access by agreeing to release new work derived from our code on the same terms as the existing work. When direct collaboration or further access is desired, we encourage researchers to get in touch.
For university-based researchers and students, we waive the fee ($1,999) to configure a Spiri Host for development on our robots. We provide registered researchers with documentation on do-it-yourself host configuration, virtual machine and simulator use, and more.
All Pleiades' registered users are provided with the following product and usage support:
- Basic Warranty covering defects
- Ticket service for bugs and usage issues
- Documentation, reference material, tutorials
Registered researchers also have access to the following:
- Researcher Forum
- Researcher Liaison Service
- Advanced SDK
Our Extended Warranty reduces the cost of repairs. This is free for academic users. Our Evergreen Plan provides free equipment upgrades. This is eligible for the academic discount. Daily equipment rentals and wrangler fees are also eligible for the academic discount.